Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Saint Patrick's Day (by Kat)


Well, looky-see what came to me,
a vision of purple from St. Patty.

These johnny-jump-ups are very first flowers in our yard, and a most welcome site this evening.

"Boo" and "Hiss" to the doctors in the big city far away who changed my grandma's appointment from 8:30 to 11:30 without notifying us. We were finally seen at 1:00, and didn't get home until after 3:00. Too long a day for my grandma, and for me, too.

Pass the green (labeled) beer, please. I need it!

By the way, we have a batch of IPA home-brew fermenting in the closet even as we speak. I can't wait to taste it. If the smell is anything to go by, this is our best batch yet! For now, pass the Broken-Halo.

Cheers to St. Patrick! This round is on me!

2 comments:

  1. No flowers here yet, but I'm planting peas today!

    I drank a bottled Mojito in honor of St. Patrick's Day, celebrating the little-known multicultural roots of this holiday.

    Did you know that Captain Morgan and St. Patrick were buds? Yes. St. Patrick spent quite a bit of time at Parrot Bay, and then it was actually Captain Morgan that brought him to Ireland in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that!
    I love learning new things...just wish I was better at remembering it later!

    ReplyDelete