Friday, October 30, 2009

Last Weekend (by Bet)

Last weekend my daughter and I were alone.  The boys had gone away to do what boys do and we were alone.  This never happens.  For moments we just stared at each other.  No little brother?  No dad?  What should we do?  We could do laundry.  We could wash the windows.  I could grade papers.  Nope, it was definitely the time for a letterboxing adventure.



(Does this girl with the two different socks have a mother? It certainly could not be me! I would never let my daughter leave the house in such a state.)

After an exceptionally muddy soccer game  in which our team, the Go-Go Girls got creamed, again, we loaded up the car.



We took the dog, Dozer.






We left the nameless chickens to their endless pecking.

We put Jen and Wendy on the stereo so we could sing along to our favorite tunes, "What do you want to do?" and "Chicken in a Can".  We headed out into the wilds exactly 2 miles from our humble homestead.



This is where we landed after crawling down a silly steep bank when we could have used the hidden stairs.  Actually this is the second time because on the first trip I left the camera in the car.


Our directions said to climb up the other side.


Then just past this fairy theatre


  and this fairy house

we found our stamp.  It was a beautifully carved logo by Campfire Lady.  Stamped into the log book was some of our favorites:  Curous Jo and Kokoman.  I wish I could show you a picture, but in all the stamping excitement I forgot. 

Afterwards we went home and had tuna nood casserole for dinner.  A fantastic ending for a day without boys.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place to be!

    I love those days that I get to spend with just one of my four kids.

    ReplyDelete