Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekend walk in the woods (by Kat)

Last Saturday, we took a walk in the woods. This road goes up and up and up and up.

These false hellebore (Veratrum sp.) were poking up through the snow.

Belligerently, they yelled at us from their poky little noses:

SPRING IS COMING


I wish I had Mr. Boom stand next to this log to add some scale.
The stump was nearly up to my chest.


More false hellebore.
These had convinced the snow to move on,
and were reveling in their sunlit little spot of forest floor.
(I'm not anthropomorphizing... I heard them for reals.)


Suddenly, we came up this site.

This is what a bear does in the woods in the spring.

And here's his or her view.
Not bad, eh?

Two hours later, we were back in the rig, heading back toward home.

I'd like to add this scenery to my bathroom.

Why should the bears have it all to themselves?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm didn't look big enough....Maybe Mr Boom should also have been in the "what bears do in the forest" shot to give it some perspective too.

    ReplyDelete